Marketing is most effective when it is designed and deployed with consistency. Consider marketing like you would the stock market; a balanced portfolio sets the stage for maximum effectiveness, success, and highest return.
Set your senior living community up for success in 2017 by creating, balancing and deploying a consistent marketing plan.
Marketing consistency is imperative for a profitable and prosperous 2017 for several reasons:
- Makes the community more memorable. What differentiates your community from the rest? Too many homes are lost in a sea of sameness. The same website template as the next home. The same stock photos as the community down the road. The same boring message as the one across town. When you survey residents and resident families to uncover your community’s unique message and custom look, you are empowered to deploy marketing that will truly stick in your community.
- Easier to manage. You have 40 hours each week as a key player in the senior living community, to keep the community running and flowing. When you have a consistent message and look, it becomes far simpler to fully delegate marketing to a team member or a third party. The message and look are the song sheet from which everyone sings, which means fewer opinions and arguments.
- Less expensive to deploy. Consistency leads to efficiency. Marketing tactics can be developed in a shorter period of time when you have one message and one look for the community. Time is money. On the one hand, consistency means you are paying your marketing agency less money for better output. On the other hand, consistency means that promotional efforts are spending less time in development and more time out to market working for you.
- Trims the fat. When the community is consistent with its marketing efforts, it becomes all the easier to say no to those slick salespeople peddling the next great senior living marketing approach. A simple, “No thanks, we already have a consistent plan in place” will do.
- More automated. Consistency means the marketing works for you while you work on the community and care for the residents. Simply share your message and look with your marketing provider, and off they go. With that foundation in place, you will likely not have any surprises when you see the finished product. Plus, consistency allows you to budget one steady rate for your marketing month over month. This means you automatically draw in new residents while staying focused on running the day-to-day operations of the community.
- Removes the guesswork. With consistency in place, gone are the days of guessing about what marketing should read or feel like, what to invest in marketing or what will or won’t work to market the community. You can rest easy knowing that your marketing is better than that of the competition by a long shot.
- Higher returns on investment. Consistency leads to more money in your pocket. Marketing should never be an expense; it should always be an investment that produces healthy returns.